Friday, January 31, 2014

Scholarship Announcement: Civil Society Leadership Award - Syracuse University

Award: The Civil Society Leadership Award (CSLA) provides fully-funded scholarships to support studies in the Master of Laws (LL.M.) program at Syracuse University College of Law.

 Purpose: CSLA aims to support individuals who demonstrate both academic and professional excellence, and who have the potential to become civil society leaders in their home countries.

Eligibility: Only citizens or permanent residents of the following countries are eligible for the CSLA:

Azerbaijan Ethiopia Syria
Belarus Laos Turkmenistan
Cambodia South Sudan Uzbekistan
Egypt Sudan  

Structure: Successful candidates will receive the following support:
   • Tuition and mandatory school fees
   • Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses
   • Program-related travel • Accident/sickness insurance during the program
   • Fund for educational materials and professional development
   • All costs associated with the CSLA annual conference
   • Possible internship support
   • Pre-university writing program in July/August
   • Note: CSLA does not provide funding for spouses/dependents

Selection: Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2014. Criteria for selection will include academic merit and the potential for contributing to the development of civil society in the countries listed above. To apply:
   1. Submit an application (with all materials) to the LL.M. in American Law program by following the              application instructions on the program’s website at (http://www.law.syr.edu/admissions-and-financial-aid/llm-admissions/index.aspx)
   2. Register with the CSLA directory at (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Z5ZXJB9)

Applications will be reviewed by Syracuse Law and representatives of CSLA, and an interview may be necessary. Applicants  will be notified of their award and admissions status in April 2014. Contact llmadmissions@law.syr.edu for  more information. Visit http://law.syr.edu.


For a glossary of LLM terms, vist http://www.legalenglish.com/llm/glossary.php

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was from one of those countries to partake in this, oh well, I still wouldn't mind going to Syracuse University, especially after how good of a picture Legal-Ease LLM news blog painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bit of info guys. I am finding all of the schools listed on this site very valuable. I have been looking for the best law schools and I think Legal-Ease LLM blog is the place I'm going to call home until I find the right school for me.

    As for Syracuse University, it's going on my list of schools to look into. I live close to it too, so it wouldn't be a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late on this as well, but the info is very helpful to me as I hear nothing but great things on Syracuse and would love to attend one of these days if possible. Thanks Legal-Ease for sharing info on this school. If there's any more info you can share, please let me know, I'd love as much info as possible.

    ReplyDelete